- 2 chopped gray shallots
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple juice
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped dried cranberries
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) old-fashioned mustard
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 90 g (3 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) roasted hazelnuts
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F (210 ° C).
- In a saucepan, sweat* the shallot in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add apple juice and coarsely chopped cranberries.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the old mustard and pour into a food processor recipient.
- Pulse** the device several times to obtain a homogenous, but not smooth, preparation.
- Spread the puff pastry, cut it in half. On one half, spread the goat cheese, pour the cranberry mixture over the cheese, followed by crushed hazelnuts.
- Cover with the other dough and brown with the beaten egg.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a salad as a starter.
- * Sweat: In a saucepan containing fat, cook over low heat a food to make their water (vegetables) or their first juice (meat).
- ** Pulse: as in pulsation, to give shots