Back to the list
Pink pepper & cranberry beef tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) butter
- 2 beef tenderloin pieces
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) pink peppercorns
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) wine vinegar
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) beef broth concentrate
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole berry cranberry sauce
- In a skillet, melt the butter and cook the tenderloin pieces for 4 to 6 minutes on one side and then 1 to 3 minutes on the other side depending on the desired cooking.
- Remove the beef from the skillet and keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat and immediately discard peppercorns.
- Stir for a few seconds then pour the wine vinegar.
- Reduce by half and add the water, beef broth concentrate and half of the red wine.
- Put the skillet on heat and boil for 5 minutes at a soft rolling boil.
- Add the cornstarch to the second half of the red wine and add to the beef broth mixture in the skillet while whisking.
- Bring to a boil and stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add rosemary and cranberry sauce.
- Pour on tournedos and serve.