- 6 cubed goose breasts (or 6 Peking duck breasts, or 4 turkey breasts)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) red vermouth
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef broth
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 3 branches of thyme
- 2 cups (250 ml) fresh cranberries cut in half
- 1/2 lb. (225 g) bunch mushrooms cut in quarters
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peeled onions (blanched for 2 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 300 ° F (150 ° C).
- Season the meat.
- In a stew pot on high heat, sear the cubes of goose in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and reduce heat.
- Sweat* the onion for 2 minutes, add the flour and stir.
- Deglaze with vermouth and stir to avoid flour lumps.
- Add beef broth, cinnamon, thyme and cranberries and bring to a boil.
- Cover and put in the oven for 3 hours.
- Test the cooking, the meat should be easily removed with a fork.
- Finish the recipe by sautéing the mushrooms with the butter in a very hot pan to color them. Add the pearl onions to heat them in the pan, then pour in the stew and mix. Serve very hot.
- * Sweat: In a saucepan containing fat, cook over low heat a food to make their water (vegetables) or their first juice (meat).