- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon or cardamom
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 165 °C (325 °F).
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, almonds, pumpkin seeds, flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon or cardamom.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and maple syrup until the butter is completely melted and pour over the flake mixture.
- Stir with a spatula to coat well.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat and bake for about 20 minutes, stirring several times to ensure even coloring.
- Allow the granola to temper and crush it roughly with your hands to separate the flakes.
- Add the dried cranberries and mix well.
Granola can be stored at room temperature for several weeks in an airtight container. It goes perfectly with yogurt and fresh fruit.