Back to the list
Cranberry Pear Pie
- 3 cups (750 ml) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup (250 ml) maple syrup
- 1 lb (450 g) pears, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecans or walnuts
- 1 ½ tablespoons (22 ml) cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cold water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 uncooked pie crust
- Dough strips to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F (220 ° C).
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, maple syrup and pears and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until cranberries burst.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and simmer for 1 minute until the mixture thickens.
- Add nuts
- Allow the mixture to cool, then spoon it down.
- Decorate with the strips of dough.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the dough is golden and the filling is bubbling.