- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 2 cups (500 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh cranberries
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 4 cups (1 liter) milk
- In a saucepan, boil the milk and vanilla.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Add some warm milk to the yolks and mix well and add the egg yolk mixture to the boiling milk.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir for 1 minute over medium heat until a creamy texture is obtained.
- Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Boil water and sugar.
- Cut the cranberries in half and place in a container.
- Cover the cranberries with syrup and let cool to room temperature then cool in the refrigerator.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the whites until a soft peak is obtained and gradually add sugar and whip for an additional 30 to 60 seconds to tighten the meringue to a stiff peak.
- Simmer the milk over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Using two serving spoons, form dumplings and gently place them in the simmering milk.
- Let poach for 1 to 2 minutes by turning the dumplings once.
- Immediately place in a bowl by pouring a good ladle of custard and place the island on the cream.
- Finish by adding candied cranberries and a little maple syrup.
- Difficulty level: Advanced
- Conservation : none
- * Waiting: Time needed to let the dough rise (inflate) to the desired level.