- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cup (330 ml) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 branch fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5 boneless chicken breasts, with skin if possible
- 2 egg whites
- Butter, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C).
- In a skillet, heat half of the butter, brown onion and garlic.
- Add cranberries, rosemary and season to taste. Over medium heat, simmer until cranberry juice is completely evaporated. Refrigerate the mixture.
- Slice open 4 breasts at the thickest point, being careful not to detach the two parts. Reserve in the fridge.
- For the stuffing, pass the last breast to the food processor, in small pulses until it is completely pureed. Add the egg whites and the cranberry mixture. Pass everything in the processor to get homogeneous stuffing. Stuff each breast with a spoon.
- For each ballotine, roll out 30 cm of plastic wrap. Place a stuffed breast in the center, skin side on the film, and roll tightly. Tie each end.
- Place in a baking dish, add hot water for the ballotines to start floating and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap, then in a skillet, color the skin of the breasts in the remaining butter. Add maple syrup and let caramelize for a few minutes. Serve.