- 1 1/4 cup (300 g) flour
- 1/3 cup (100 g) flaxseed
- 1lb (500 g) buffalo ricotta
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of salt
- vegetable oil, as needed
Oyster Mushroom & Cranberry Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (100 g) fresh oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup (150 g) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 lb (120 g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) butter
- Pass flour through a sieve.
- Grind flax seeds to powder.
- Mix all ingredients and hand knead the dough, about ten minutes, to obtain firm consistency.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut the mixture in half and roll the dough by hand to form a cylinder, then cut into small, 3-cm pieces and roll pieces with a fork to give them their shape.
- Drop the cavatelli in salted, boiling water until they rise to the surface.
- Drain, arrange on a plate and add a little oil to avoid sticking together.
- Heat oil and sauté oyster mushrooms until golden and crisp.
- Add cavatelli and dried cranberries. Mix.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce.
- Add the butter to bind everything.
- When serving, divide into 4 portions, finely grate cheddar on each portion and garnish with fresh lettuce leaves.