Back to the list
Coffee Cake with dried cranberries & orange zest
- 1/2 cup (125 g) sugar
- 2 cups (230 g) almond powder
- 1 tsp. (7.5 g) baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) flour
- 1 tsp (4.5 g) orange zest
- 5 eggs (3 medium eggs and 2 egg whites)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (70 ml) almond milk
- 3/4 cup (200 g) sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) flour (to coat cranberries)
- Unsalted butter as needed
- White flour as needed
- 1/2 cup (120 g) icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C (300 °F) and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, almond powder, baking powder, flour and orange zest.
- Add the 3 eggs, almond milk and cranberries and mix.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and sugar and stir in the mixture gently.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured cake pan and bake for about 45 minutes in the oven.
- Check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake after the cooking time. If the toothpick comes out dry, the cake is ready.
- Unmold and let the cake cool on a rack on the counter.
- Increase the oven temperature to 180 °C (360 °F).
- Prepare the icing by mixing the icing sugar and the orange juice.
- Cover the cake with the mixture and bake for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature. If you want to decorate the cake, you can add dried cranberries and icing sugar as you see in the picture.