- 1/4 cup (60 ml) frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 large gray shallot chiseled
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Meaux mustard
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) neutral olive oil
- 1 lb (454 g) skinless char
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped parsley
- Pepper and salt
- Begin by conferring cranberries by making a syrup with sugar and water.
- Place the cranberries in the syrup and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, drain the cranberries, coarsely chop and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut the char in tartar keeping the meat cold throughout this stage.
- Add the vinaigrette, herbs and season.
- Serve chilled with homemade french fries or potato chips as main course.