- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup canned ground pineapple drained
- 1/2 orange cut into small cubes
- ½ cup walnuts in pieces
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 pack (250 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¼ to ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F).
- Butter an 8 inch (20 cm) hinged cake pan.
- Beat sugar, oil, compote, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Add grated carrots, pineapple, orange, walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Spread dough in baking pan and bake for 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool well before unmolding and adding frosting.
Note : For the size of the orange pieces, we recommend making them the same size as the pineapple pieces!
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar with electric mixer on low speed.
- Spread on top of the cake. Garnish with dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
Want to do it differently? Add a tablespoon of orange juice and the zest of a half-orange to cream cheese, icing sugar and artificial vanilla extract.
As a replacement for pumpkin seeds, chopped walnuts are perfect as well.
A delicious cake that will make everyone happy! Cranberries, combined with the sweet mix of spices, pineapple and orange, is a delight for your taste buds!