Back to the list
Bitter Salad with Pears, Caramelized Walnuts and Extra Cranberries
10 to 15 minutes
- 1 cup (250 ml) cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) maple syrup
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) pecan nuts
- 1 Radicchio salad
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried cranberries
- 2 ripe pears
- In a saucepan, reduce cranberry juice and maple syrup until remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml).
- Add the chopped shallot in the hot liquid, then add the apple cider vinegar and mix.
- Add the olive oil and mix again.
- Set aside.
- In a clean saucepan, bring the maple syrup to a boil.
- When the syrup makes large bubbles (at about 260 ° F (125 ° C), add the nuts and stir continuously until a sand (sugar) forms on them.
- Rid* onto a plate and separate the nuts with a spoon.
- In a big bowl, shred the salad coarsely.
- Add nuts and dried cranberries.
- Slice the pears (peeled or not, to your choice).
- Mix the vinaigrette and pour into the salad.
- Toss** and serve immediately.
- * Ridding: remove from the dish, place on a plate and separate.
- ** Toss: stir to mix to distribute the ingredients well between them.