- 6 lb (2.7 kg) of Macintosh apples cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 g) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) honey
- In a large saucepan, combine apples and water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until apples are soft, stirring often.
- Remove the lid and cook on low heat for about 45 minutes or until the mixture has the consistency of a thick puree stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, cook the cranberries with the sugar over low heat for about 15 minutes or until the mixture has the consistency of a mashed potato stirring occasionally.
- Place the cranberry puree in a coarse sifter.
- Place the apple puree in a coarse sieve.
- Put the cranberries with the sugar into the pan.
- Bake over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes or until mashed thick, stirring occasionally. Add honey and mashed cranberries.
- Mix well
- Transfer the butter into a heatproof bowl and let cool completely.
- Place in jars and refrigerate.
Note : Can be kept for 1 month