Back to the list
Salmon Cutlets Marinated with Fir Buds and Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Quebec-made gin
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) summer honey
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh spruce buds
- 1 lime
- 1 lb (450 g) skinless salmon
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) water
- In a bowl, mix the gin with the honey, the roughly chopped fir buds and add the lime juice.
- Slice the salmon into sashimi (small cutlets).
- Add the salmon to the marinade, salt and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring to the boil all the ingredients of the compote and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve as an appetizer.
- Fresh Fir Buds:
- You can replace the fir buds with rosemary.
- Have fun picking buds in the spring. At Christmas, you can also keep branches of your natural fir tree. You must remove the needles and dry them.
To find out more:
- You can get them in specialized grocery stores like: https://spicetrekkers.com/products/spices/balsam-fir-tips