- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) allspice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- Bring milk to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (400 ° F).
- In a bowl, mix cranberries and sugar.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Sift together dry ingredients and spices.
- In another bowl, whisk together margarine, maple syrup, egg and milk until mixture is smooth.
- Add the cranberry mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients quickly, stirring just enough to make the mixture moist.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Unmold and serve muffins while still lukewarm.
Note that the recipe results may differ slightly from the image depending on the ingredients used.