Back to the list
Cranberry Ice Pops
- 1 lb. (500 g) cranberry puree
- 1/3 cup (100 g) of sugar
- 4 sheets of gelatin
- 150 g of sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 ½ cups (600 g) whipping cream (35% m.f.)
- 2 ¼ cups (500 g) red cranberry cocktail
- 2 tsp. (8 g) agar-agar
- Heat the cranberry puree and add sugar until dissolved.
- Put the gelatin leaves in cold water 10 minutes and add gelatin to the preparation.
- Mix well.
- Make a syrup with sugar and water, the temperature should reach 118 °C.
- Beat the egg yolks (until smooth) and gradually add the syrup.
- Let cool and add the whipped cream to the puree mix.
- Bring the cranberry juice to a boil and add the agar-agar, whisk vigorously and allow to temper at around 60 °C.
- Prepare the cranberry puree first and then add ‘the bomb’ to the puree. Mix well.
- Pour the preparation into ice pop molds and put in the freezer.
- Unmould when frozen, then dip the ice pops into the cranberry jelly to give it an icy effect.
- Decorate with fresh cranberries, dried cranberries, drops of rose jelly and dehydrated cranberries ground to powder.