- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) cranberry juice
- 2 cups (250 g) fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 g) sugar to coat some cranberries
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 3 tsp. (15 ml) vanilla
- 3 beaten eggs
- Heat ½ cup sugar and cranberry juice in a saucepan until you get toffee, with golden color and a syrupy texture.
- Add the cranberries and coat them well.
- Set aside 24 to 30 whole cranberries for decoration and spread balance of cranberry mix in 6 ramekins.
- Let cool.
- When serving, roll the fruit set aside in sugar to decorate the dessert.
- Preheat oven to 175 °C (350 °F).
- Heat the milk in a saucepan without boiling.
- Remove from heat, add the maple syrup and vanilla to the hot milk.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, gradually pouring hot milk.
- Divide the mixture into the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a large baking dish, filled with hot water and cook in a double boiler.
- Cook 40 minutes.
- Cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Unmould with a knife.
- To decorate, top with fruit rolled in sugar and serve.