Back to the list
Chocolate Cranberry Squares
20 to 30 minutes
12 large chocolate squares
- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter. Room temperature and cut into small pieces
- 1-pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x12 baking pan with parchment paper that hangs over the sides on all four sides.
- Combine butter and chocolate in the microwave and melt in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and completely melted.
- Pour into the base of a mixer and add the eggs, vanilla, and sugar, and beat until smooth and evenly combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and kosher salt, and mix again until evenly combined.
- Stir in cranberries by hand, then spread batter in prepared baking pan.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, or until fully set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and preferably chill overnight, before cutting.